Abbreviated Worship Services
Prior to services - Information
- TN Governor’s Office - Guidance for Gathering Together in Houses of Worship
- Each person is strongly encouraged to wear a face mask during the entire time in the worship service (except while partaking of the Lord's supper).
- Additional masks have been purchased and will be available at the door.
- Wash hands before leaving
- Consider cleaning vehicle before leaving
- Planning for no more than 30-45 minutes service -- closer to 30 minutes
- No Bible classes
- Arrive and enter in front door and leave out side door
- Building cleaning – additional preparation for
- Serving trays
- If you can forego using the facilities that is the safest
- Only 1 person or 1 family in the restroom at a time
- Disinfect afterwords
- Use of water fountain is discouraged
- Pews will be marked for places to sit and not sit
- Pews will be marked with every other pew closed and every other pew alternating left and right (this will spread out as much as possible)
- First ones in sit toward the front; last ones in sit toward the back
- Enter front door and maintain social distancing of a minimum of 6 ft.
- No greeters/ushers
- No one lingering in foyer
- No printed bulletin
- Welcome sign on front door
- Tim Quinn, Perry Hurst, Tim Quinn & Dallas Sluss sit on front pew
- Broadcasting/streaming services using https://www.ntchurch.com/resources/live-broadcast
- Hand sanitizer
- Available on entry in foyer
- Available at exit
- Bring your own
- Turn a/c down low prior to 9am and turn off the air at 9:15 am so it is not circulating any germs.
[Rom 14:2-3, 15 ESV] 2 One person believes he may eat anything, while the weak person eats only vegetables. 3 Let not the one who eats despise the one who abstains, and let not the one who abstains pass judgment on the one who eats, for God has welcomed him. ... 15 For if your brother is grieved by what you eat, you are no longer walking in love. By what you eat, do not destroy the one for whom Christ died.
There are many different reactions to coronavirus. Some think that it is very serious and dangerous and are going to take strong measures to protect themselves. This may be due to their current health situation or just their personal opinion and perspective. On the other end of the spectrum there may be those who aren’t troubled by the risk associated with coronavirus. They may be in good health or already at risk due to their work situation or other factors.
Either way we should be able to see the other’s viewpoint and try to accommodate the other person as much as possible. We are trying to organize worship services in such a way as to be together with one another and to focus on God once again. This will require some compromises, understanding and love for one another. We should pay particular attention to those in compromised categories and try to be as protective of them as possible.
At this time, we don’t think we can assemble without taking on some risk of being infected. However, by utilizing the government’s recommendations and the outlined protocols we believe we can minimize the risk as much as possible.
It is not our belief that those who decide to stay away because they are in a compromised category are sinning due to forsaking the assembling together (Heb 10:25). We don’t want to make anyone feel like they are being wrongly judged but we do want to encourage those who can attend to do so.
- Announcements/Welcome – Charles – Start at 9:15am Sunday May 24th.
- Scripture Reading - Charles
- Opening Prayer - Charles
- 1 short song – Charles
- Songs on powerpoint
- Short (Wed invitation type) Message - Perry Hurst
- Lords Supper – Tim & Dallas servers with short talk by Perry
- Lords supper prepared with bread and fruit of the vine in 6 trays and separated as much as possible to limit touching; possibly put in “bathroom cups”
- men may have to return to get additional trays
- men serving should try to stay an arm’s length away when passing tray
- those being served should try to limit how many need to touch the tray
- wash hands prior to serving and wear gloves and face mask while serving
- consider ways to accommodate those with shaky hands - maybe larger cups
- using hand sanitizer during Lord’s Supper is acceptable
- plastic bags will be available and a trash can up front to dispose of cups
- Closing prayer – Perry
- Maybe a short closing song
- Congregation dismissed pew by pew out the front funeral door. Please no lingering. Head straight to vehicle.
- Tray on table in front to drop in as you are exiting
- Need volunteers to count
- Video conference
- Sunday at 11:15 am
- Zoom Bible class or Bible Moment at 11:15 am?
- Wed Bible Moment at 7pm followed by Zoom Bible class at 730pm